For further information about where to go for immigration queries, click here
It is illegal for anyone to provide immigration advice, unless they hold a license or are exempt from the requirement to be licensed.
Most information about this can be found through the Immigration Advisers Authority. You can contact them on 0508 422 422 or check out their website at www.iaa.govt.nz.
The Immigration Advisers Authority can help you:
- Find out if your adviser is licensed
- Find out who is exempt from the requirement to be licensed
- Find out how your adviser must treat you
- Complain about the actions of your adviser
- Find out if your adviser is overcharging you.
The New Zealand Law Society can help you find a lawyer in your area, or help you lodge a complaint about your lawyer. You can contact them on 04 472 7837 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out their website at www.lawsociety.org.nz for more information.
For General Information about studying and working as a migrant in NZ, check out: www.nzstudywork.immigration.govt.nz