How do I find out if I am eligible to apply?

Check the current New Zealand immigration regulations – click here. Take a 5 minute FREE eligibility “Quick Check – click here to be referred to a lawyer.

Why should I use an Immigration Lawyer?

In New Zealand, it is not necessary to use an Immigration Lawyer if you wish to make an application for a visa.  You can make a visa application directly to the Immigration New Zealand, an agency which is generally quite accessible.  However, Immigration policies can be complex and difficult to follow, with some rules quite ambiguous.  In addition, as Immigration Officers are often managing hundreds of applications at once, it is your responsibility to prove to your Immigration officer that you meet the policy for the visa you are applying for.   An Immigration Lawyer can assess your likelihood of obtaining a visa, help put together a strong application, and liaise with Immigration New Zealand on your behalf to save you time (money) and stress.

How long will my application take?

The length of time taken to make a decision on your visa application will depend on a number of factors, including the type of application, the Immigration New Zealand office it is assessed in, and the level of verification required.  We can give you an estimate of timeframes once we’ve assessed your situation.

Can Idesi Legal get me a job in New Zealand?

Idesi Legal can provide you contacts to reputable employment agencies in New Zealand that may assist you in your quest for a job offer.

Will the immigration authorities or Embassy help me to prepare my application and make sure that everything is correct before applying?

No. This type of service is no longer provided by Government. The authorities exist to enforce the immigration law, make decisions on residence applications and to issue residence visas. Although basic information and application forms are available, the authorities are unable to provide independent advice and personalized guidance on your specific case. A lawyer or licensed Immigration Adviser can provide this kind of service.

Can the immigration authorities refuse my application?

Yes. A surprisingly large number of applicants are unaware how strictly the immigration regulations are enforced and are often unnecessarily refused or delayed due to technical errors on their application or by submitting the wrong supporting documentation. So the moral of the story is to consider seeking the professional guidance and independent advice of a lawyer before lodging an application for residence. Immigration lawyers exist to help you find the best way through the immigration maze and are highly effective in doing so.

My immigration lawyer has assessed me as being eligible for residence in New Zealand. If I apply without his or her help, can I be certain of success?

No. Although you may fundamentally qualify under the immigration policy, you are by no means guaranteed of success. In order to be approved, your application must be prepared in accordance with the prevailing immigration regulations and submitted together with the appropriate supporting documentation. The ways in which to do this are not always clearly set out by the immigration authorities and can result in many applicants presenting their cases incorrectly, inevitably leading to refusal. So you should consider seeking the assistance of an immigration lawyer for the entire residence visa process.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search